In this episode, Maria Baker, founder, and director of Nobody’s Princess, tells us the journey of becoming an entrepreneur and overcoming the challenges in a business.
She also tells us the importance of knowing your niche market, starting to create a crowdfunding campaign, the importance of passion in a business, and how we can keep a positive mindset. She also explains she got into making fitting snow pants for women. She also shares her story on how the lockdown affected her business.
In this episode, we discuss these topics with Maria Baker
- [05:59] Do you need a team to develop a business?
- [09:25] How to start a crowdfunding campaign
- [13:15] Importance of knowing your market niche
- [18:43] Importance of passion in starting a business
- [23:26] How to keep a positive mindset
About the Guest
Maria Baker is a graphic designer with twelve to thirteen years of experience. She is also the founder and director of Nobody’s Princess, which makes fitting snow pants for women.
She started her entrepreneurial journey in 2017 when she went with her friend snowboarding and loved the sport. She struggled with the clothing and got a business idea. In 2020 she fulfilled the vision.
She also said that the name Nobody’s Princess came from how her husband and mother called her. Maria also said that to start a crowdfunding campaign, you need to research similar campaigns and succeed. She also added that you need to do a lot of networking.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Maria on Instagram, and Facebook
- Pre-order your pants , click here
- Are you Australia/NZ Startups or Entrepreneurs wanted to share your experiences so that others can learn? Contact us to be a guest.
- Support us our mission, click here
- Do you want to get exclusive content? Be a Premium member, click here
- Join the Free Rebounce Australia Facebook Group to connect with other Entrepreneurs.
- Check our Reddit Community, Click here
- Help the companies that support us , click here
- Are you ready to finally start your own podcast? Maybe you already have one but need a podcast manager to help you level up. We’re here for either. Book Now
More about The Network:
Auspod Syndicate is your Podcast Hub for Australia’s Entrepreneurs and Independent Podcast Network – a united group of SMEs that share the mission to stay locally connected.
Entrepreneurs and business leaders are regularly featured to enable meaningful connections and conversations while keeping the world updated on the latest business trends and events in Australia.
This podcast is under AusPod Syndicate and is powered by Kangaroofern, Australia’s Independent Podcast Management Company.
PLEASE NOTE LEGAL CONDITIONS :
Kangaroofern Media Lab Pty Ltd owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of the Tribe Podcast under AusPod Syndicate, with all rights reserved, as well as the right of publicity.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
You are welcome to share the below transcript in media articles, on your personal website, in a non-commercial article or blog post, and/or on a personal social media account for non-commercial purposes, provided that you include attribution to “AUSPOD SYNDICATE” and link back to us.
NOT ALLOWED TO DO :
No one is authorized to copy any portion of the podcast content or use Auspod Syndicate name, image, or likeness for any commercial purpose or use, including without limitation inclusion in any books, e-books, book summaries or synopses, or on a commercial website or social media site that offers or promotes your or another’s products or services.
(Note, this was transcribed using a transcription software and may not reflect the exact words used in the podcast)