The Australian Government has announced it will expand the Australian Small Business Advisory Service – Digital Solutions (ASBAS-DS) program, by an additional 10,000 places. The ASBAS-DS program has been critical in supporting small businesses to remain open due to COVID-19, by providing low-cost, expert, independent and tailored advice to small businesses.
The expansion of this service will help meet an increased demand for information and advice on:
- business websites and selling online
- social media and digital marketing
- using small business software
- online security and data privacy
- business crisis management and business continuity planning
- finance management and boosting cash flow
- staff management and creating a safe work environment
- retaining and staying connected to customers
- resilience and wellbeing
- advice on accessing COVID-19 stimulus packages for small business
Through this expansion, more businesses will be able to take advantage of emerging opportunities in the digital economy, while helping small businesses remain viable, grow and contribute to Australia’s future economic success.
ASBAS-DS services are available now across all metropolitan and regional areas for sole traders and small businesses with less than 20 full-time (or equivalent) employees. The expansion will commence late 2020.